Marathon Training: Week 5 Recap

Just under 13 weeks to go til Chicago Marathon! Here is last week's training:
Thursday was supposed to be a 6 mile day.. I ended up getting a really bad stress headache and just having a pretty bad day in general. So I started my run but didn't finish it.. hence the 2 mile run.

I did have a good run on Sunday though. It's been crazy hot (as I'm sure you noticed) but Chicago got a "cold front" in on Sunday and so the temperature dropped to being only in the mid-eighties. It's kinda funny to use "cold front" and "mid-eighties" in the same sentence but dang it felt nice to run in the low-70s in the morning.

I decided to run on this 10-mile trail loop. It's a little farther away from my house but I had more time than usual Sunday morning so I felt it would be worth it. There isn't much water along the path (and when there is, it's like those stupid pumps that require someone to pump it while you drink and there was just me) so I decided to bring my 1-liter Camelbak.

I have to be honest... I haven't use it since I bought it back in November and decided I didn't like it very much. But I gave it another go and maybe since I was more prepared for the weight of it, I decided I loved it. Besides the water, I also carried my gel, car key, and ipod in it. I wish I had kept track of how much water I put in there, because I had emptied it by the time I got around to 10 miles. I stopped and got more from my car before I finished up the last two.
Me: So happy to be done.
It took me 2 hour and 10 minutes (average 10:48 min/mile) to get it done. Unfortunately, I don't have an easy way to post the mile-by-mile because I can't find the little connector stick thingy for my Garmin. Grr.
My mileage the last 4 weeks.
So there's the mileage the last 4 weeks. You can see where my vacation was. Obviously, I wasn't following the 10% weekly increase rule on that 4th week so maybe it's not such a bad thing that I didn't get the full mileage in. I'm pretty sore today.

This week though, I'm planning on getting on my miles in. Gotta get back on track! Wish me luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Communication During Ranger School: A Recap

Ranger Care Package & Florida Update

MilSO Care Package: Deployment Survival Kit