Total mileage that I was supposed to do: 51
Total mileage that I actually did: 24
Yikes. Less than half.
- It was crazy hot.
- I was staying in close quarters with my family, which made it pretty impossible to go to bed early so I could get up earlier.
- Not all the areas that we stayed at were safe for me to go running by myself.
- I wanted to enjoy my vacation without having to stress about centering it around running.
- One of the two weeks was a "recovery" week with only 6 miles as the "long run." So I kind of just extended the recovery week to two weeks in the plan.
- I still have over 3 months til the Marathon so it's still pretty dang early in the training.
- Running with my younger brother on the shorter runs.
- Getting the 8-miler in up the coast from our hotel with some people from my dad's conference.
- The scenery.
- Motivation to get more sweet running pics like this one:
|The Duomo in Florence|