MilSO Care Package: Deployment Survival Kit

Yep, you read that right. A care package for MilSOs. I decided that MilSOs (Military Significant Others) should get care packages sometimes too. I got the idea from this really cute Deployment Survival Kit that I found on Pinterest by Scraptastic Voyage. I stole most of the ideas from there, so be sure to check out hers too. I have two girlfriends whose men are about to go through deployments, so I made one for each of them. I took pictures of all the things that I included.
MilSO Care Package/ Deployment Survival Kit 
For the nights that it's hard to fall asleep:


For late nights and early mornings on Skype:

To wipe away the tears (of sadness by also of joy when he comes home!)

A Bible for courage and strength:

Mounds: To remind you of the "mounds" of support you have from family and friends.
Laffy Taffy: For remembering to laugh.
Lifesavers: To remind you that you're his lifesaver.

Marbles (for when you've lost yours):

Anti-stress face mask, bath salts, and candle.. for "me time":

Because it's okay to admit sometimes that deployments "suck." Haha. This one might be my favorite.

Stationary for all the letters you'll be writing and envelopes to be sealed with a kiss:

I made one in a flat-rate box to send to my friend Lindsey, who lives out of state. I see my friend Sam every other week or so, so I made hers in a cute little box/chest that I found from Hobby Lobby.
My friend Sam about to open her box! 
If I could have added one thing to Lindsey's it would have been a deployment pin (Sam already has one) but I totally forgot until I already put it in the mail. The tag could have said "For more opportunities to tell people about how proud of him you are" or something like that. Isn't that always how it is? You get done with a project and there's always one more thing you realize you could've done? Oh well. I found this really nice little set on Amazon for next time.



I got those cute little polka-dot tags from Hobby Lobby. I was really happy about how it all turned out! So I'm posting this because I'm kind of hoping it will continue to catch on. I think that we MilSOs need to take care of each other. :) 

What other things do you think would be good to include in a MilSO care package? 

<3 Amy

Comments

  1. This is the best idea! I actually went and ordered that exact same pin after I saw your Instagram picture wearing it. I love the idea of making care packages for other people. I always want to participate in one of the milspouse blog pen pal exchanges or gift exchanges. I have missed the last few signups.

    This was so so sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to wear a regular blue star service pin and called that my deployment pin.. then I saw the one that Army Amy wears on amazon (with the yellow ribbon on top) and it actually says in the description that it means a loved one is away. So I guess this one is actually the "real" deployment pin. :) I still got the regular service pin ones (without the ribbon) for family member though because I got them kind of late in the deployment for them and I figured they could still wear them when he gets home on like memorial day and stuff.

      Delete
    2. Where can you find the yellow ribbon deployment pin? I would like to send it to my cousin who's husband just deployed.

      Delete
  2. So cute and thoughtful!! I'm sure they both appreciated it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I have a "things to do for spouses of deployed soldiers" post in the works, and I'm totally going to link to this post. So cute, so clever!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo that's a good idea for a post, looking forward to reading it! Thanks Amy! :)

      Delete
  4. I would love to see the link to both of the pins you bought! I am getting ready to do this package for a friend who is in the last leg of the deployment...something to get her through!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the neatest thing! I ran across this by accident! My husband is deployed ATM and I am in WA. When I read this it brought tears to my eyes. To think that someone would care that much about someone to send them that.. Maybe I'm just a wee bit emotional right now lol. This should have caught on. We send plenty to the guys why should we not get a lil something lol...
    Bravo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you find your deployment pin?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing! I am also looking for good medical courier deliveries so that I can also order such packages and also send it to my sister living across the world. I simply liked how these things are packed and delivered. Such a packing makes you so very happy and excited.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Dear,

    I Like Your Blog Very Much. I see Daily Your Blog, is A Very Useful For me.

    You can also Find Less Stress Kit We are at Try Be Alive, Shop the most excited products of mood pills that will keep your healthy mood, happy & relaxed. We also offer balanced body, bloating and less stress kit online at great prices.

    Get Visit Now:- https://trybealive.com/2020/06/25/balanced-body-kit/

    ReplyDelete
  9. i want to share my testimony on how Dr.Wealthy help me to get back my husband who left me some months ago we have been married for the past seven years now and no problem between me and my husband, but eight months back my husband suddenly change and be against me, but i am still confusing because i did not no were i have done wrong, but really i love him and we already have a male child and i can not just leave him and go with the child, then i try so hard to make sure that i get him back, i contacted two spell caster but they were not been able to help me, someone introduce to Dr.Wealthy on a blog also this man helped her long time ago, and also gave me his email address, i mail him but i did not get a respond from him on time, after some time i get a respond from him and when i get a respond from him them i explain every thing that is happening between me and my husband to him and he promise to help me out, he told me what to do and also what will be use in casting the spell, then i provide everything he ask of me, after three day time my husband who did not want to see me near him come to me and go on his knee begging me for forgiveness, i have no choice than to forgive him, since months now we have been together with more love and respect, please you will need to get a solution from him in any kind of your problem, he will also help you out in getting your ex lover back to you, email him on: wealthylovespell@gmail.com WHATSAPP +2348105150446 blog; http://wealthyspellhome.over-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice blog, keep sharing such updates. In-Home Aged Care - Like Our Own is a boutique, premium Mornington Peninsula, Frankston, Kingston, Bayside Aged Care provider based in the beautiful Bayside suburbs of Melbourne.
    home care package frankston Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice information, the blog is really informative. Kingston's the best senior care service agency, Like Our Own offers aged care services in Mornington Peninsula, Frankston, Kingston and Bayside suburbs of Melbourne. Call Today!
    home care package Frankston Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Communication During Ranger School: A Recap

I've Been Doing It Wrong..

Ranger Care Package & Florida Update