Pregnancy: Week 16

James and I just got back from a really nice weekend up at Kalaloch beach. We went to a first-come, first-serve basis campsite, and luckily got a spot around noon on the 3rd. So thankful that the Army decided to give James the 3rd and 4th off, because it worked out really well with my work schedule and got us there before the rush. Our spot was so prime that a guy came up to me within 10 seconds of me getting out of the tent on the morning of the 4th to ask if we planned on staying that night (I know, super peaceful wake-up, right?). Luckily, the next morning was a lot more quiet after the fireworks so we still had a relaxing stay.

View from our tent. 
How was camping while pregnant? Well, I didn't have to pee until about 5am both nights there, so I would call that a pregnancy-win! And during the day, we pretty much just hung out at the beach. It was a little chilly, but we (really, James) built a couple driftwood fires that warmed us up.


So how as running been going? I've never been very good at working out to stay in shape. I mostly have been a runner for the love of running. I don't remember the last time I felt this out of shape, and it makes me not like running quite so much. However, the low blood pressure seems to have gotten a lot better, so now it's just a matter of trying to slowly get back into shape. I failed my "running streak" that I had mentioned in a previous post. Running every day is pretty hard while dealing with morning sickness (which actually did get a little worse at the very very end of the first trimester/2nd trimester). I randomly fell upon the comic below and had to just laugh because that's exactly how I've felt.
http://newbiemom.com/comics/

I think I'm going to start posting my workouts on here to try to keep myself more accountable. I'm just keeping it simple, one week at a time. Hopefully, this will help me to remember to post more on here too!

Goals this week:

Yoga x 1 hour

Lifting x 2 sessions

cardio x 3 different days (at least 30 min each time)

Eat 2 servings of (low mercury) fish

Eat 3 veggies a day

Eat 2 fruits a day

Oh and here's my current bump.

Still not much there. I found some cute nursery sheets at Babies 'R Us and bought them yesterday with James. The lady gave us a gift receipt without even asking! I guess that might be policy or something, but James still gave me a hard time about it. "When are you going to get serious about making a baby? No one can tell you are pregnant yet!" Haha.

Until next week friends,
Amy

Comments

  1. A chilly summer camping trip sounds so awesome! I love where we are living now, but it is h-o-t-t hot! I wouldn't mind it if our next PCS is to somewhere with a different climate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Communication During Ranger School: A Recap

Ranger Care Package & Florida Update

MilSO Care Package: Deployment Survival Kit