Leibster Blog Award
This is my first (and probably last) one of these. It was fun, but probably still just a one-time thing. Dear Bonnie over at Makin' Plans tagged me in this "Liebster Blog Award " (or Lovester in English) so I thought I'd give it a go.
- Post 11 Random Facts About Yourself
- Choose 11 deserving bloggers and tag them in the post
- Answer 11 questions the tagger has asked you and give 11 questions to the people you've tagged.
- No tag-backs.
Alright so here I go:
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I've been married 32 months, I've lived with my husband for 16 of those months. Yikes, so by the end of the deployment, I will have lived with my husband for less time than I haven't while we've been married. Looking forward to bring that ratio back up.
- When I was 12, I programmed a text-based virtual Hogwarts that you could "move" around in for a 4H computer project. It was pretty cool.
- I like working with high school youth groups. High schoolers are my favorite.
- I wish I was a better photographer. I should probably practice more.
- I'm a daddy's girl through and through.
- I used to work at a rock climbing wall and I was awesome. Now it kind of depresses me to go rock climbing because my grip is not nearly as strong so I'm not as good.
- I'm lactose-intolerant.
- I've seen the band Jars of Clay in concert 5 times.
- I love swing dancing with my husband.
- I sleep with at least 3 blankets. I think I like the pressure/weight of them.
- I've never been drunk. Although I do like a good margarita.
- Emily at Red Letters
- Amy at Army Amy*
- Julie at Journey to 26.2
- Molly at Carry Your Heart With Me
- Jamie at Handing with Grace
- Bekah at Food For Thought
- Alli at Ferguson Finds
- Sarah at Consuming Fire
- Amanda at Combat Boots and Diamond Rings
- Lindsey at Confessions of a 3L
- Birdie at Lemons for the Birds
Questions my tagger asked:
1. What is your biggest fear? This is no secret here.. mine is something happening to James while he's overseas.
2. What is your favorite quote? Oh dear, I have a lot of them. But one of my favorites is:
"Our “behavior” will not be changed long with self-discipline, but fall in love and a human will accomplish what he never thought possible." - Donald Miller, Blue Like Jazz
3. What is your favorite movie? Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back
4. What is your favorite color? At the moment, I think it's green.
5. What states/countries have you lived in? and which is your favorite? I'm only lived in Illinois with the exception of a summer in Australia and a couple months in Washington before the deployment. I love them all for different reasons.. I love living in Washington, but I think that I'll miss my family a lot in Illinois.
6. How long have you known your best friend? My best girlfriend, I've known about 10 years. My best guy friend (James), I've known for 7.
7. What is your favorite meal? Thanksgiving dinner. The turkey, stuffing, pumpkin stuff, all of it.
8. What is your favorite scent? Um. Cross Country mornings have a certain smell to them. Like misty and muddy at the same time. And also my husband smells pretty good too.
9. What is your favorite blog to read? I'm really bad about keeping up with very many blogs at one time, but I pretty much always read Army Amy*.
10. What is your favorite book? Oh man. I dunno. I really like the Harry Potter books. And Lord of the Rings. And Pride and Prejudice.
11. What is your favorite season? Hands down, Fall. Cross country, hoodies, football, crunchy leaves, pumpkin stuff, Thanksgiving.. I could go on forever.
My 11 questions for the people I tagged:
- Have you ever read a book more than once?
- What were you like in high school?
- Describe your perfect date. (and do not answer "April 25th".. I'm not talking about a calendar date)
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
- Favorite actor/actress?
- Favorite TV show (current or past)?
- Favorite dessert?
- What the most recent movie you saw in theaters? How was it?
- What do you do to relax when you need to de-stress?
- What your favorite specific location in the world (that you've been to)?
- If you could go back and tell yourself something 10 years ago, what would it be?