Yongsan to Humphreys and New Beginnings

Hello there. I've had this blog for just over 6 years (6 years! that's ancient on the Internet) and have started and stopped it several times. There's been a few big things that have happened since I last posted. I love writing and I miss blogging. So I'm having a go at this again.

The biggest major thing that happened is we have a new addition to our family. If you follow me on Instagram, you know this. Her name is Ellie Joy and the name suits her well. We moved from Yongsan Garrison in Seoul down to Camp Humphreys in Pyeongtaek when I was 8 months pregnant. That move was the most difficult move so far (yes, harder than moving to Korea initially). It might that it was mostly hard because I was hugely pregnant and emotional. It might be because it was Jensen's first move in which he (kinda) understood what was happening. It might be because we moved from our American "bubble" on base to an off-base Korean apartment. Or really just a combination of all of the above.

My new Joy

But I knew Ellie was coming and whenever things got overwhelming, I focused on how happy we would be once she got here. James and I both picked the name Ellie, but I chose the name Joy. It served as a reminder for myself to focus on the Joy and not the difficulty of our current situation. I also just have this hope that she'll be a person that chooses Joy once she's older as well.

So what is life like lately, with two kids, in Korea? It's tough, but it's wonderful. And it's getting a lot better. I can't really compare this place to Seoul yet. But, I decided that I want to write about that some more. Am I still running (after all, this blog is titled "Running Army Wife", right?)? The short answer is not much, but I'm making my way there. There's more to come about that too.

"The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with JOY." Psalm 126:3




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Communication During Ranger School: A Recap

I've Been Doing It Wrong..

Ranger Care Package & Florida Update