Vacation & Fam

Holy cow, it's been a busy week! We've had family in town so we've done a lot of sight-seeing. I feel like I've hardly been at home. My poor cat is probably really lonely (or really happy to have the apartment to herself, who knows?). My favorite was Kalaloch Beach. I think it's probably the most beautiful beach I've ever been to.

My dad flew in yesterday, and we all went to see Lincoln Brewster in concert. He's is definitely the most amazing guitar player I have ever heard live. My favorite song of the night was "Today is the Day." Even though I've heard the song a million times, it didn't really mean that much to me until last night. Funny, how that happens sometimes, isn't it? 

Today is the day you have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it

And I won't worry about tomorrow
I'm trusting in what you say
Today is the day

Maybe that can be a mantra for when James is gone. Today is the day you have made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. This month is going by way too fast. I'm purposely not counting how many days there are left until the deployment. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Communication During Ranger School: A Recap

Ranger Care Package & Florida Update

MilSO Care Package: Deployment Survival Kit