Hello.. I’m Amy.. nice to meet you!

Happy MilSpouse Appreciation Day! If you haven't heard, the lovely ladies of Household6diva and ridingtherollercoaster are the hosts of a virtual meet-and-greet "bloghop" today. Click here to check it out.

My name is Amy and I'm 24 years old. I've been an Army wife for about two and a half years. My husband, James, is a lieutenant and platoon leader in the Army, currently deployed to Afghanistan for a year. We're approaching the half-way mark of the deployment, so we're pretty dang excited about that!

I love running and I love my soldier. They also go hand-in-hand for me. I met James because we were both on the cross country teams in high school senior year (yes, we are high school sweethearts). I'd heard the saying "To decide who you should marry, run after God as hard as you can, and then look beside you." This ended up being more than a metaphor for me.. and we've both been running together ever since! (although in real life, he's actually way faster than me)

I write about my journey as an Army wife, distance runner (half-marathoner and aspiring marathoner), and my dependence on God through the whole thing.

Basically, I live for moments like this:
I'm the one in the hat. :) 
 And this:

Thanks so much for stopping by!
<3 Amy

Comments

  1. That is an awesome photo of you running! Happy Milspouse Appreciation day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Milspouse Appreciation Day! I am so glad y'all are reaching the half way mark. I am doing the Warrior Dash in August, and that 5K feelings very pathetic next to your millions of miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day to you! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by the blog! Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!! for being my 100th Follower & Happy Military Spouses Day! Love that you run so cool! I am so not a runner but I try- thank goodness for the obstacle runs so I can have a break-hehe Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally want to run a half marathon... but I hate running :P You can just call me crazy ;)

    Happy MilSpuse Appreciation Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love running, too! But I totally suck at it....glutton for punishment, I guess :) I haven't ran a race since the Army Ten Miler 2010, and I can't wait to do another!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Communication During Ranger School: A Recap

I've Been Doing It Wrong..

Ranger Care Package & Florida Update