New Goodies and a Really Cool Runner

I've had my bike for about 6 months now.. and I love it. I'm pretty sure that most runners end up being road bikers at some point, as soon as they can afford it. Our knees need a break every once in a while and it's nice to switch thing up and go really FAST.

The only bad thing about my bike is that handlebars are unfortunately white, and so they are starting to get pretty dirty. See?



So I decided to go to my local bike shop to get some bike gloves. And I thought.. hmmm. While I'm there, I should see what they have as far as biking shoes. I already have clipless pedals (well.. my hubby has them, but it's not like he can use them while he's at Ranger School). Needless to say, I walked out with my new biking gloves AND shoes. And the bike shop guy was nice enough to install the pedals for me too! Aren't they pretty??



I've been out on them twice now (3 times if you include the time I tried them out at the store!) and I haven't gotten stuck and fallen yet. *fingers crossed*

On a totally different topic, we talked about Elijah today in church. I think one of the cool versus in the Bible is this:

"The power of the LORD came on Elijah and, tucking his cloak into his belt, he ran ahead of Ahab all the way to Jezreel. " 1 Kings 18:46

How cool is that? Btw that was about a 15 mile run. And Ahab was on a chariot. "And, tucking his cloak in his belt, he ran.." The phrase that comes to mind when I read that is "Like a boss."

Have a great Sunday afternoon everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Communication During Ranger School: A Recap

Ranger Care Package & Florida Update

MilSO Care Package: Deployment Survival Kit