Strawberry Chocolate Post-Workout Milkshake

I just ran about 4 miles.. which doesn't seem like much but it was a hill workout and about 100 degrees outside. I just sweated a lot. And ate a pretty salty dinner. I thought I'd share my post-workout shake that I've been having lately with my obsession of strawberries.

I know what you're thinking. It doesn't look like there is any chocolate in there. Trust me, there is. But the trick is that it's very subtle. That's why it's a "Strawberry Chocolate" shake and not a "Chocolate Strawberry" shake. Just sayin'. If you need more chocolate, go ahead and add it. This is my version though.



Strawberry Chocolate Post-Workout Milkshake
  • 1 1/2 fresh strawberries
  • 1/2 cup of milk (this doesn't seem like a lot, but the strawberries make a lot of juice)
  • 2 or 3 ice cubes
  • 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (I use whey protein* from Kroger, one of the main ingredients is cocoa powder)
Blend. Garnish with mint leaf and strawberry. Serves 1. And just sip up that protein and antioxidants. Yummm. This is a really thick shake (you can see how that strawberry is sitting on top of it). Use less strawberries and more milk if you want it to be thinner.

*If you don't know much about whey protein, read up about it here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Communication During Ranger School: A Recap

Ranger Care Package & Florida Update

MilSO Care Package: Deployment Survival Kit