Strawberry Caprese Salad

I've been addicted to strawberries lately. This summer, it's been rare to not find them in my fridge. I made this strawberry-mango salsa (absolutely delish) and I got to thinking.. hm.. sometimes you can substitute strawberry for tomato and get away with it. Why not in caprese salad? Then I did some googling and discovered that my idea was actually not unqiue at all. But this is my own version of strawberry caprese. :)



Strawberry Caprese Salad
  • Sliced Strawberries
  • Sliced fresh, moist mozzarella cheese
  • Fresh basil leaves
  • drizzle with Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette (I found mine at the grocery store, but there are plenty of recipes out there to make it on your own)
That's it. I didn't add olive oil or salt and pepper, but that would certainly give you a more traditional caprese taste. I wanted it to be more about the strawberries. Because really.. anything tomatoes can do, strawberries can do better. :)

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Communication During Ranger School: A Recap

Ranger Care Package & Florida Update

MilSO Care Package: Deployment Survival Kit