Blessed Contentment

"I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." - Phil 4:11

Do you ever feel like maybe God is trying to tell you something? Like when idea or suggestion repeatedly keeps on revealing itself to you? Like a gentle nudge toward something? 

Well. This time, I'm pretty sure God has been slapping me in the face trying to get my attention. Everywhere I feel like I'm getting the same message. Be content with where you are. 

My parents got me the book Faith Deployed. That book, Power of a Praying Wife, my journal, and my Bible have all been my go-to books lately. 

And I feel like God has come at me from all sides. I heard it in the scripture I read, the Faith Deployed devo I read just yesterday was about Contentment...I went shopping at Lululemon today and even my bag was telling met to live in the moment. 
Here's the thing. As I've been going through The Power of a Praying Wife, I'm realizing that I'm praying more for my husband now than I ever had before. I've realized that this is a time for me to recharge in solitude, grow in my relationship with God, and pray. I can still grow into a better wife for my husband while he is away. And I can still be as supportive as I've ever been. 

And if I'm going to be continue to be a supportive wife, I've got to do things to take care of myself while he's gone. I can't just sulk in bed. That's not hurting just me, that's hurting him. 

*sigh* Basically, this still sucks, but it's getting better. 

Also, this is what I treated myself to at Lululemon. It's probably the most expensive pullover I've ever bought. But it's wonderful. And so warm. Also, see that HUGE green watch? I've actually had that since before Christmas, but I hadn't blogged about it yet. It's the Garmin Forerunner 405 and it's amazing. I really have no excuse to be lazy about running when I have these fancy new toys. 
Love, 
Amy 

Comments

  1. I have really grown in my faith since my husband joined the Army. It has made a big difference in keeping me centered. I'm glad to hear that things are getting better. Love the new pullover, btw!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, you give me such hope for my life during the future deployment! I am so happy to read your blog and see that you're doing well! Also, I just discovered LuLuLemon and I love it, and your pullover! Too cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Communication During Ranger School: A Recap

Ranger Care Package & Florida Update

MilSO Care Package: Deployment Survival Kit