Marathon Training: Week 1 Recap

Monday: 11 mile bike
Tuesday: 3 mile run
Wednesday: 5 mile hill workout
Friday: 3 mile run
Sunday: 8 mile long run

Weekly running mileage: 21

It's been hot. I told myself that I would run in the heat and I think I burned myself out just a little. My workout on Wednesday was what really did it. I did the workout in the heat and then I know I didn't hydrate well enough afterward. So I think that ruined the rest of my week. Which isn't good, because this was week 1 in a 18 week marathon training plan. I was supposed to do a 5 mile "pace" run on Saturday, but it didn't happen. I was still able to knock out my 8 miler on Sunday and at least the week ended okay.

Also, my air conditioner is out. I really hate the heat.

Today was a cross-train day, but I just took it easy and did some stretching and foam rolling. I needed another rest day. Hopefully this week will go better than last.

The moral of this story: hydrate well and don't overdo it in the heat. It's too early in the season to get burned out.

Comments

  1. Even though you are bumming that this first week didn't go as planned, it's good that you figured out some of these things early in training. Training is long, one week is really no big deal. Keep your chin up!*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Communication During Ranger School: A Recap

Ranger Care Package & Florida Update

MilSO Care Package: Deployment Survival Kit