Half Marathon Training: Week 1 Report

Well, I would love to tell you that things are going smoothly, but it's been a little rough. Here are a few changes/notes about it so far:
  1. I totally forgot that we had the Zombie Dash 5k on Saturday. So I didn't do my long run. Zombies don't run long. They only run short, fast distances.
  2. I'm trying to keep Sundays totally free to relax with hubby and have a sort of Sabbath.
  3. Because of points 1 and 2, I did my long run on Monday (yesterday). It went well, except that I miscalculated on distance so I didn't get the full 8 miles in.
  4. My achilles has been acting up again. So I'm biking today instead of running 6 miles.. then getting back on schedule.
Gah. Not really a good report of the first week. I'm running with a club at Fort Lewis on Saturday, which is their long run day. So I shouldn't have a problem getting that run in this week.

Comments

  1. I literally laughed out loud when I read, "zombies don't run long." :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Communication During Ranger School: A Recap

Ranger Care Package & Florida Update

MilSO Care Package: Deployment Survival Kit