My Running Goals for 2012


  • Join a running club once I move back to IL
  • Finish Chicago Marathon (my first!)
  • Finish at least 6 Half Marathons 
  • 1:50 Half Marathon PR
  • Train Mocha to run with me
Moka as a puppy. 
What's that? You thought I had a cat? Well, that's correct. I have a cat. Mocha is actually my parent's dog. But since I'll be living with my parents while James is deployed, I decided I would try to train her to run with me. She is about three years old now, so now is a good time to train her (according to Runner's World anyway). 

Perhaps it's a little soon to be thinking about New Year's resolutions, but since I know I'll be on my own, I figure it would be a good time to start thinking about what I would be doing with my time that year.  

I'm thinking about an Olympic-distance triathlon too.. which is about twice the distance of a sprint. But training for a triathlon is a lot trickier since you have to fit in good swimming workouts and biking as well.. It would be a relief to myself if I decided to only focus on running and getting a decent time in the marathon. But we'll see. 

Anyone else have goals yet for 2012? 

Comments

  1. I do have some 2012 goals already! I want to run a marathon in April. (I ran one in December of last year, and I think I'm finally ready to tackle it again.) I haven't planned much beyond that. I'm majorly impressed that you want to do 6 half marathons!

    It's smart to start thinking about ways to stay occupied. It'll make the time go by faster.*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Communication During Ranger School: A Recap

I've Been Doing It Wrong..

Ranger Care Package & Florida Update