Orange-Chai Poached Pears

(my adaption of Rachel Ray's Citrus-Caramel Poached Pears)


I decided I had to try this. But I couldn't resist adding Chai. This might be my new favorite way to eat Pears.

Ingredients
2 Pears, pealed
1 tbsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
1 to 2 cups of Orange Juice
1/4 cup Sugar
1 shot of Triple-sec
1 scoop of Chai Latte mix

Combine all ingredients in saucepan. Cook on low heat, covered, for 30 minutes or until Pears are tender.

Carefully remove the pears (they are going to be really soft). Continue to boil liquid for another half hour, or until syrupy.

Drizzle pears with syrup. Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg, and chai mix.

Seriously. Try it.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Communication During Ranger School: A Recap

Ranger Care Package & Florida Update

MilSO Care Package: Deployment Survival Kit